Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Birthday Lunch Today


Good Sunday morning ... today our family will celebrate the 25th birthday of my youngest daughter, Bonnie. When Bonnie was born she was an angel baby for the most part. She ate, slept, ate slept and cried non-stop between the hours of 5:00pm-8:00pm which is when she went to bed for the night. I was a stay at home Mom at that time so I looked forward to the time that Daddy got home from work which was about 5:00pm ... what we didn't look forward to so much was the crying that began about that time. So funny now when I look back on it and think, gosh to know then what I know now. I've often heard it said, "if only we could start with our grandchildren" ... I have to tell you, I wouldn't have skipped being a young inexperienced Mother for anything in the world. I have said of recent, if I could go back and do it again, I would. God trusted me with two beautiful girls and I pray that I didn't let Him down. They have both grown to be such special individuals with some likenesses.


Smiles abounding! This is Bonnie, the birthday girl.




Bonnie is a first-year 5th grade elementary teacher and loves her new job. She is a wife to my wonderful son-in-law, James (we call him Buddy). Together they have a beautiful relationship with love abounding.


My son-in-law has quite the personality!

Alicia, my oldest, is currently a director of an in-school elementary school daycare. Alicia is finishing up her teaching degree and we hope she will graduate in December 2010. She is awesome in her field as well.


Hey Mom !!!  Sweet and smiling Alicia.
My girls are my pride and joys. They are the air that I breath and I love them so much. God blessed me with the opportunity to be a Mother and I'm thankful everyday for that.



Blessings for a wonderful Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gena, What a beautiful daughter you have and she looks just like you. Daughters are so special.
    I see your navbar is set for "transparent dark", maybe you would like "transparent light" better. It is the white one I was talking about that goes with any background.
    I will post about the custom header on weds. You can just copy it and save it in word or somewhere and print it out. Just when ever you get time. When you are working I know you don't have alot of time.
    God bless you, Sharon

    ReplyDelete