Saturday, February 20, 2010

Peace like a river ...

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. - John 14:27

We mourned this week as our dear friends, Bruce and Greta, lost their son to melanoma cancer. He was the young age of 24. At times it seemed the sadness engulfed your heart like a large anvil, a weight that was pulling you down. As the pastor said on Wednesday, "God did not take Jarrod's life, cancer took Jarrod's life, God was there to receive Jarrod". I have never heard this before and it was such a comfort.

And then God's words became more apparent ...

I have told you these things so that you will have peace of heart and mind, Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows, but cheer up, for I have overcome the world. - John 16:33

At the end of the memorial service the song "It Is Well With My Soul" was being sung by the worship team at our church and during the first chorus of the song, Greta stood up and started worshipping God with her arms outstretched to Heaven and singing to our Lord. There was a chain reaction of worshippers and God filled the church on Wednesday and gave us peace of heart.

Today as I sit in the quiet of a Saturday morning, I can say to you ... It is well with my soul. My God is bigger than all this earth and I am thankful He has saved my soul as a teenage girl.



In loving memory of Jarrod "J-Rod" Cameron.
1986 - 2010

It is well with my soul ....


No comments:

Post a Comment